Yes!! You heard correct banana muffins made from coconut flour and maple syrup instead of sugar!! And they're yummy? It's amazing really haha.
What is even more amazing is my 16 month old son LOVES them!!
I am going to be honest though, if you think these are going to turn out just like ones with regular flour, and sugar. You're sadly mistaken. It isn't as sweet, and the texture is a little bit more grainy. But honestly they're perfect for the person sticking to your goals, and choosing to live a little bit healthier. And these muffins are the perfect breakfast on the go.
I HAVE to eat breakfast in the morning, so this morning while I was cooking my eggs, roasted tomatoes, with avocado & toast. I gave my son on of these muffins sat him on the couch and I didn't hear a peep. Usually I will find all his food all over the floor, not even a crumb!! Amazing really.
Anyways try it for yourself and let me know what you think!!
This recipe will make 12 muffins!!
Pre-heat oven to 350
1. 2 ripe bananas
2. 1 cup of coconut flour
3. 2 eggs
4. 1/2 cup of maple syrup
5. 1 cup of organic whole milk (or you can use coconut milk)
6. 1 tsp of vanilla extract
7. 1 tsp of cinamon
8. 1/4 tsp of baking soda
9. 1/4 tsp of baking powder
10. 1 tbsp coconut oil
11. 1 tbsp of melted butter (you don't need to use butter really, eggs and coconut oil really does the job)
What you will need:
1. 2 Bowls
2. Mixing rubber spoon
3. Cupcake tins/cupcake wrappers
1. Put your sifter over your bowl, put in all your dry ingredients, and sift into bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all your wet ingredients including your bananas! I just went in and mashed it with my hands.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and mix with spoon. Don't mix too much!
4. Put your muffin wrappers in your tins, and scoop your batter in.
5. Bake for 25 mins on 350.
Tip: Coconut flour is super dense thats what there is so much wet ingredients, and I literally played with the amount of eggs and milk I used based on the batter consistency, and they came out perfect. Enjoy:)