So lately I have been on this chickpea kick, if you have been following our instagram you know that. ;)
Chickpeas have so many health benefits. It's high in protein, iron and fiber. All it is, is ground-up chickpeas that are either raw or roasted. Beyond the health benefits, chickpea flour is remarkably versatile and has a subtle flavor, which makes it great for cooking savory dishes as well as for baking sweet desserts. YUM!
This recipe is seriously delicious. And im not joking. Not even a little. You could do without the dark chocolate morsels if you choose. And i used 100% maple syrup, and cooked the pancakes in ghee (clarified butter) you can cook it in coconut oil if you so choose.
Serves 6 pancakes
1. 1 Cup of Chickpea (Garbanzo bean) flour
2. 1 tsp salt
3. 1/4 cup of 100% maple syrup
4. 1 egg
5. 1 banana (mashed)
6. 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
7. Dark Chocolate morsels (optional)
8. Ghee, or coconut oil for cooking
1. Combine all your dry ingredients, flour, salt, cinnamon in food mixer. (If you're using a blender combine all ingredients together)
2. In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
3. As stand mixer is going, combine all ingredients.
4. Putting your ghee or coconut oil in pan, and cook pancakes. I place my chocolate chips right on top, you could cut up more bananas as well and put them on the pancakes too! :)